Thursday, February 3, 2011

Just getting started

Following in the footsteps of my newly relocated friend Alana, I've decided to start blogging.  I'm not sure if I'll have any kind of rhyme or reason to said blog - my instincts say not so much.  I really like the idea of taking some time out every few days to jot down my ramblings, so I'm making it a goal for myself to blog at least twice a week.

Work has been a little rough this week.  Waaay too much work and not nearly enough time.  Did I mention we had a full schedule today AND half our department was out sick?  Thanks to job stress, my workouts have also suffered this week.  It has been the biggest chore to just get myself to the gym, let alone slog through a half-arse cardio and strength routine.  I've been trying to get to bed earlier (I fell asleep before 11pm last night!), but I still wake up tired and with headache.

I'm looking forward to the weekend for a couple of reasons: #1...the Super Bowl!!  Packers vs. Steelers makes for a pretty sweet matchup!  If you're thinking about rooting for the Steelers, I'm pretty sure we can't be friends.  Another reason I'm excited for this weekend is the Super Run 10K.  It'll be my second road race this year (my first was the Carlsbad half marathon...I am officially a half-marathoner!), and it'll be nice to get back into the swing of not-crazy distance running.  Just me, my headphones, and the lovely scenery of Fiesta Island.  Well, maybe minus the lovely scenery part.  I'll just stick with me and my headphones.

My bed calls...wish me luck on my run this weekend.  Aaaanndddd...GO PACKERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment