Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Thin Line

I think part of the reason that I haven't updated as much as I'd like to is that I'm a little bit of a perfectionist. I always want every sentence to sound just right, everything to flow nicely and to be enjoyable to whoever is reading.  I always struggle with writer's block every time I sit down to write.  Including right now.

But I also realize that a big part of sharing a little bit of yourself with the world is just letting your thoughts out freely, without worrying about the little things.  With that said, I wanted to share this story with you, because it kind of hit home for me when I read it.

Every once in awhile, you read a story on your Google Reader, or in your daily news emails that really speaks to you.  You feel like the author was writing the piece just for you.  Tonight I opened my RunnersWorld nightly email and saw a link to Peter Sagal's A Thin Line.  If you've ever struggled with weight or body image in your life, you may find this story uplifting or inspiring; you may find it comforting to know that someone else has felt your struggle.  If you have a few minutes, take a peek at it, if not only for the fact that Peter Sagal is one of the hosts of Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me! on NPR (he earns MAJOR cool points for that, btw).  Well played, Peter.  Well played.

No comments:

Post a Comment