Sunday, July 3, 2011

It Takes a Village

Last weekend, I took Tilly out for a spin with my running buddy.  We fuddled around for about an hour on the walking path at the city park and called it a day.  More practice needed.

Enter awesome 5-person team of wonderfully patient friends and co-workers.  After a couple hours of hand-holding and LOTS of encouragement, I can finally say that I know how to ride a bike!  Still pretty wobbly (and a little worse for the wear), but I am SO EXCITED to practice more.  Like ridiculously.

Best part?  Celebrating at Souplantation afterward.  With lots of muffins and cookies.  No, that's not what she said.  I'm just gonna chalk it up to carb loading for my Torrey Pines 10-miler this morning.  Check out this elevation profile!  Running up that dang hill makes me never want to run the La Jolla Half.  Ever.


I am totally getting froyo after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment